Washington Township Veterans Memorial Building
Client: County of Alameda
Architect: Siegel & Strain Architects
The Washington Township Veterans Memorial Building was the fourth of ten Veterans Memorial Buildings built throughout Alameda County between 1927 and 1935. The 12,500 sq. ft. building was designed in the California Spanish style by Mildred Meyers, daughter of Henry Meyers, and George Klinkhardt.
BBI Construction provided historic restoration and seismic rehabilitation services, along with accessibility and code upgrades, recognizing the historic and architecturally significant features of the original 1930 building. This included restoration of existing decorative woodwork, paneling and trusses, as well as installation of new clay tile roof, utilizing salvaged original tiles.