Client: East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation
Architect: HKIT Architects
Built in sections starting in 1917, this white brick historic landmark served for most of its early life as a department store and prepared food mart. It remained closed for almost 20 years ago until it was turned over for development to the East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation.
BBI Construction was retained to provide tenant improvement for the relocation of the existing Housewives Market and retail space for vendors. Work included conversion of 22,500 sq. ft. of space into multi-use facilities for retail, food-services, specialty grocers, community economics offices, live-work studios, and an architect’s offices.