Goldman School of Public Policy New Annex
Client: University of California, Berkeley
Architect: Architectural Resources Group
The Goldman School of Public Policy building was built in 1893 and is registered as a City of Berkeley Historic Landmark. It was designed by Ernest Coxhead and originally served as the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house.
The project involved new construction of a 13,800 sq. ft. three-story building incorporating structural steel wood and concrete framing. The construction included one 80-seat and one 90-seat classroom, 13 support offices, and elevators. The building provides for multi-use facilities. Work was completed under low noise and dust control due to location on congested U.C. Berkeley campus, while classes were in session.