Client: Jordan Real Estate Investments, LLC
Architect: Trachtenberg Architects
Built in 1926, The Central Building is a 17-story landmark high-rise located in the heart of downtown Oakland's central business district. Due to its architectural significance, including a distinctive facade and ornate lobby, the building has been placed on the National Historic Register.
BBI Construction was retained to perform tenant improvements to a suite of offices for a real estate developer and a philanthropic fund. The 3,000 sq. ft. build-out included green elements such as finishes and low water use fixtures. The work also included a complete HVAC upgrade, and the installation of natural wood doors and transoms. Construction was completed while the building was occupied, and with all work sequenced not to disturb other tenants.